Homewood-Flossmoor Community High School is a public school in the Chicago-metro area. Back in 2014, the school decided to improve and expand 2 existing buildings (The Fieldhouse and North Building). The construction project included transformation of the main entrance into a 2-story atrium, rebuilding & expansion of the field house, training room, gymnasiums and offices; including a new 200-meter indoor track with 50-yard indoor turf. The Fieldhouse expansion allowed the school to extend playing and practice seasons for a variety of sports.
The design requirements set by the school were:
- Visibility, durability & incorporation of brand
- Products accurately followed specifications that included both bold and subtle graphic elements.
- Brand colors & imagery were incorporated into the design. Custom shape, which followed angles featured in the building design, enhanced visibility.
And the product requirements were that materials chosen be very durable & cost conscious for very high traffic, high risk users.
ASI came in to design, program and implement a new interior signage and branding system. The project scope included not just room identification and code related signage, but also super graphics, banners and branding signage within the Fieldhouse. Branding was key in the sign design and is evident in both bold and subtle ways. ASI captivated this with the brand colors and creative ways to feature the Viking mascot imagery. The end result is an bold and contemporary system, full of school spirit.
The project received LEED Gold certification.
- ASI Intouch Series
- LPS and LPP Series Letters
- 3M Frosted Crystal window graphics
- SignPlan™ (Design, planning)